Thursday, April 7, 2011

Diamond Girl


Today, I would like to discuss about a new video song called “Diamond Girl”. The singer, Sun-J Bandara, quite a new singer to Sri Lanka’s music industry, and this is his first song and video as I know it. I guess no one knew about him before, and he suddenly brought this excellent video song to the industry. I think you’ll agree with me that he gave a delicate production to the viewers.

The best thing about this video is that it has a nice story. I am not going to talk about the story, as it is easy to understand just by looking at the video. I pretty much like the song.

Now I would like to discuss the video’s visual side. The video has a nice cinematic effect; you will probably notice this by watching the first few seconds. I believe this entire video has been recorded using a DSLR camera because I see very sharp focusing techniques. Normally, it is not easy to do using a normal HD video camera.

Editor has used some special colour effects in order to get the cinema effect but not just that, there is a scene in the first part of the video where a small conversation happens; this technique has been used to give the viewer a cinematic view. But actually, it is not from a movie.

A few locations are used in this video, but for a video song this is more than enough. The costumes used also give a cinematic look to the video. Combination of the video and song is a perfect match.

Overall, the artist and the director of the video have done a great job working together. I am sure this singer will be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment