Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Confused

Driven by my deep passion for photography, I embarked on a journey of creative exploration within the confines of a professional photo studio. Harnessing the resources offered by my university's own studio, I enlisted the collaboration of some friends who willingly stepped into the role of models for my experimental endeavors.

Within the studio's controlled environment, I orchestrated my compositions using an arrangement of three primary flash lights. On occasion, I incorporated an additional two flashes to augment the lighting dynamics. For this particular image, I strategically positioned four flash lights: one to the left, another to the right, a third above, and a fourth directed toward the lower right corner. This configuration was aimed at casting a distinct shadow from the chair, as clearly evident in the image.

Leveraging a generous aperture, I managed to maintain a broad expanse of focus within the frame. Though the exact shutter speed escapes my memory, it resided within the range of 200 to 250. As for the ISO, a setting of 100 was selected.

The image presented here stands unaltered from its original state, with the sole exception of my signature discreetly added using Photoshop. No further modifications were applied.

I christened this captivating creation "Confused," a title that echoes my intention of capturing a countenance of bewilderment from the subject during the moment of capture.

1 comment:

  1. The image/final product is competent, though I wonder of there was something else you could have done to contribute to the sense of confusion. As a studio shot, it’s fine, but you probably needed to do more work to really convey what you were intending to,
    The blog for the most part seems to focus on your passion which is photography. There is some good work here and the research is also effective. There is very little in your blog about issues that were discussed in them lectures and seminars, so this part of the Coursework is missing. We need to know that you have understood the theoretical concepts, such as, composition, semiotics, and that you can apply these to your own work and the work of others

    ReplyDelete